For more than six months, the working group collaborated with the goal of ensuring that DCM, a major cultural attraction for the western suburbs, continues to thrive as community asset in Naperville. Guided by financial sustainability and mutually beneficial outcomes, these partners investigated the viability of DCM's relocation within the Naperville community, navigating a complex decision-making environment of financial, legal and logistical considerations that had to be carefully assessed. Multiple locations were evaluated individually in the framework of these considerations, including the East Ogden corridor.
More on illi News
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- Unity of Chicago South Hosts 'Mind, Body & Soul Expo: A Spiritual Experience'
- Single Black Female at eta Theatre
- Legendary Broadcaster Bill Kurtis Interviews Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the Final Episode of "Chicago Stories" Podcast
- Acumentrics, Inc. to Demonstrate Autonomous Power for Critical Missions During SOFIC 2019
Ultimately, none of the locations presented a viable solution for DCM's relocation; as such, it is anticipated that DCM will remain a vital component of the 5th Avenue redevelopment project. No additional locations are currently being evaluated, and there are no active efforts to pursue additional potential locations. DCM remains open to working with all of its stakeholders - including the City of Naperville, developers, museum members, visitors and donors – to explore the best potential growth options so that the museum can continue to provide exceptional early learning experiences for all children and families.
Latest on illi News
- Thiel College hosts local community for Sharon Regional health and wellness series
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner Now With Network Security Scans
- Naperville Police Department Investigating Fatal Traffic Crash at Washington Street and Naper Boulevard
- Maapera Analytics Awarded Product Demonstration Program
- Mayor Emanuel and Chicago Housing Authority Cut the Ribbon on Northtown Apartments
- Love Good Fats To Exhibit Line Of Ridiculously Good Bars At Sweets & Snacks Expo
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Launches New Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Initiative on Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2019
- Nonprofits First Releases 501cPro Toolkit Invaluable Tool for Growing Nonprofits
- Beanfields to Feature Newest Roster of Bold Flavors at Sweets and Snacks Expo 2019
- Nevvon wins a fully endorsed contract with Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
- Grilling Enthusiasts Can Get Recipes, Cooking Tips And Earn Cash With Online Reward Program GrillPerks
- From the Ground Up: Service Reimagined
- Datavalet Announces the Launch of Guest Wi-Fi Fair-Use Management
- Falco eMotors Awarded Patent for Advances in Liquid Cooling of Direct Drive Motors for Electric Bikes
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates its Client, Tedd Drattell, on Major Honor
- Golf Gum™ Combines the Cognitive Benefits of Chewing Gum with the Physical Benefits of Caffeine – an Energy Breakthrough Backed by Science
- Get Matched and #StayAwesome with Oh Hay!
- Hundreds to lace up their shoes & stretch their muscles during the 14th annual western walk
- Chicago: Mayor Emanuel Announces Garfield Green Has Won C40 Reinventing Cities Competition to Combat Climate Change
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Keeper Security Announce Plans to Add Over 100 Jobs in Chicago Amid Rapid Growth in B2B